Dyed Wood Bead Holiday Garland
Nothing gets you quite in the holiday spirit like decorating your tree. Rediscovering your ornaments while listening to holiday tunes in the background is a fun way to get everyone excited for the weeks to come. And stringing up a cute holiday garland will instantly add Christmas cheer without a lot of work. Our good friend Melodrama created this garland with dyed wood beads and we love how it turned out. Scroll to see how easy it was to do!
- Rit All-Purpose Liquid Dye: Kelly Green Used Here
- Wood Beads with Holes, Unfinished
- Container for Dyeing
- Rubber Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Table Cover
- Measuring Spoon
- Cover table with plastic and gather your supplies.
- Fill a large plastic container with 3 gallons of very hot water (140F). Wearing rubber gloves, add 1/2 cup of well-shaken Kelly Green dye into dyebath; stir well.
- Test dye color on one wooden bead. If color is too light, add more dye; if it’s too dark, add more water. The longer the wood beads soak, the more saturated they will become.
- Immerse wood beads into dyebath. Lightly stir beads to get even coverage. Soak beads for about 5 minutes or until desired color is achieved.
- Remove and place on paper towel to dry.
- String beads onto the thread and knot.
- Add to tree.