Ombre Dyed Ghost Costume
These might be the most colorful and friendliest ghosts you have ever seen. Our friends at the blog Crafty Lumberjacks created these playful ombré dyed ghost costumes that definitely makes us laugh more than scream. This is such a simple yet fun DIY Halloween costume that you can do in no time. Learn how to create yours below!
- Cover work area with plastic table cover and have paper towels handy to protect against any possible spills.
- Wet bed sheet.
- Fill a plastic container or glass bowl with two cups of hot water. The water should ideally be 140ºF. If tap water is not hot enough, heat water on the stove and add to the dyebath.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and a drop of liquid dish detergent. Stir well.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add 2 tablespoons of well-shaken All-Purpose Sunshine Orange and stir well.
- Carefully pour the dye mixture into a squirt bottle.
- Lay the wet sheet out flat on the ground (cover work space if needed).
- Squeeze dye along the edges of the sheet.
- Use a wet paintbrush to brush dye upward on the fabric, pulling color upward to create a gradation of the original color.
- Let sit until desired color is achieved.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed.
- Wash in warm water with a mild detergent, rinse and dry.
- A second sheet was dyed with our Eggplant dye following the same steps listed above.