Boba Tea Halloween Costume
Boba Tea is all the craze right now so we thought it would be a fun (and topical 😎) to create a costume of it! We created this costume with just a shirt and pants, a little purple dye and black balloons. An easy project for entry level DIYers. You’re sure to be craving a Boba Tea by the end of the night.
- Cover table with plastic and gather your supplies.
- Prewash shirt and pants to remove any finishes that may interfere with dye absorption.
- Fill a large plastic container with 3 gallons of hot water. Water temperature should ideally be 140°. Add 1 teaspoon of dish detergent to help promote level dyeing.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add ½ bottle of well-shaken Rit All-Purpose Dye in Purple. Stir well.
- Test dye color by dipping paper towel in the dyebath. If color is too light, add more dye; if color is too dark, add more water.
- Wearing rubber gloves, submerge the shirt and pants into the dyebath. Stir slowly and continuously. The first 10 minutes are the most critical. Stirring helps to ensure an even color with no splotches.
- When desired color is achieved, remove from dyebath. Fabric will look darker when wet and will dry lighter. Squeeze out excess dye.
- We recommend using Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative immediately after dyeing and before washing to enhance color, increase color retention and prevent dye from bleeding into white areas. Follow package instructions.
- Rinse in cool water until the water runs clear.
- Wash in warm water with a mild detergent, rinse and dry.
- Once dry, add black balloons to the shirt and pants with a hot glue gun.