Rose Quartz Sheets
Your bed should be a place of relaxation and there is no better way to create that environment than with your bedding. Refresh your bedding with a new color or help bring your original bedding color back to life. See how we transformed these simple white sheets into a beautiful Rose Quartz color.
- Cover table with plastic. Gather supplies.
- Estimate the weight of the sheets to determine how much dye to use. As a guideline, 1/2 bottle of liquid dye will color up to one pound of dry weight fabric.
- Pre-wash sheets, rinse and leave wet. This will help remove any finishes that may interfere with dye absorption.
- If you have a washing machine, you can easily dye your sheets using our washing machine method. Follow these instructions. If you don’t have a washing machine available or would prefer to use a large container, follow the steps below.
- To prepare dyebath: Fill a large plastic container with enough water for the sheets to move freely. Make sure the water is very hot, ideally (140°F). If water is not hot enough, heat water on your stovetop and add to the dyebath. Shake dye bottle well before pouring. Wearing rubber gloves, add dye. Start with 1/2 cup of dye and test the color. With Rose Quartz specifically, it is very important to not use too much dye otherwise you will not get a dusty pink hue.
- Test dye color by dipping a paper towel into the dyebath. If color is too light, add more dye. If color is too dark, add more water.
- Add 1 cup of salt to the dyebath; stir well. Salt will help intensify the color.
- Add a squirt of liquid dish detergent. Stir well.
- Immerse wet sheets into dyebath. Stir constantly for 30 minutes or until desired color is achieved (up to one hour). Sheets will look darker when wet and prior to washing.
- Recommended: To enhance color and reduce bleeding, immerse the dyed sheets into Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative for 20 minutes, following directions on the bottle.
- Rinse sheets under cold water until the water runs clear. Then wash in warm water with mild detergent, rinse and dry.