Marble Dyed Jeans
You can’t find a pair of cooler jeans than these marble dyed jeans by Alexandra Ford Hamilton. We partnered with Alexandra to create these jeans and we can’t get over how great they turned out. We love the color and especially love the marble dye technique. Learn how to make your own custom dyed jeans below.
- Cover work area with plastic table cover and have paper towels handy to protect against any possible spills. Gather supplies.
- Prewash jeans, rinse and leave damp.
- Wearing rubber gloves, mix four tablespoons of Rit All-Purpose Liquid Dye with one cup of very hot water. Pour solution into a small squeeze bottle. Repeat with complementary colors. All-Purpose Purple and Petal Pink were used in this project.
- Cover a pan with shaving cream.
- Smooth with your hands or a spatula.
- Drip dye all over the shaving cream.
- Swirl the drops with a stick or a pencil.
- Place jeans gently on the shaving cream.
- Lightly apply pressure to smooth.
- Let the jeans sit for one to two minutes.
- Slowly lift the fabric from the shaving cream.
- Scrape off excess foam.
- Rinse with cold water.
- We strongly recommend transferring the dyed fabric to a container with Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative. It enhances the color, increases color retention and prevents dye from bleeding into the white areas. Follow these instructions.
- Rinse in cool water until water runs clear.