Dip Dyed Tassels
Attached to a gift, a tree or assembled as a wall hanging, tassels are versatile and fun. We love how well these dip-dyed tassels turned out and can’t wait to incorporate them in our homes this holiday season. This dye project was done in less than an hour and looks like something you would find in a boutique!
- Cover work area with plastic table cover and have paper towels handy to protect against any possible spills. Gather supplies.
- Wear rubber gloves to protect hands.
- Pour 4 cups of hot water into a container.
- Add 2 ounces of dye to container. Stir.
- Lower tassel halfway into dyebath. Leave tassel in dyebath for 10 seconds, up to 10 minutes. When desired color is achieved, remove from dyebath. Fabric will look darker when wet and will dry lighter.
- Let tassel dry on a paper towel.