Squeeze Bottle for Dye
Cotton Pillow Case
Plastic Table Cover
Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative (Recommended)
Cover work area with plastic table cover and have paper towels handy to protect against any possible spills. Gather supplies.
Prewash pillow cases, rinse and leave damp.
- Wearing rubber gloves, mix four tablespoons of Royal Blue All-Purpose Dye with one cup of very hot water. Pour solution in a small squeeze bottle. Repeat with Navy Blue All-Purpose Dye.
- Fill a baking tray with shaving cream.
- Smooth with a spatula.
- Drip dye colors all over.
- Swirl the drops with a stick.
- Place fabric gently on the pan.
- Apply light pressure to smooth.
- Let the pillow sit on the pan for one to two minutes.
- Slowly lift the fabric from the pan.
- Scrape off excess foam.
Use Rit ColorStay Dye Fixative after dyeing and before washing to enhance the color, increase color retention and prevent dye from bleeding in to white areas. Follow instructions on package.
Rinse in cool water until water runs clear.