Dip Dyed Table Runner
Table runners can completely transform the look of a table and we can help you pair it with your wedding colors. Our friend @inspiredbythis showcased a simply dyed table runner in Silver Peony. The Inspired By This girls say, “Follow along below to see how we did it and how you can easily create your own ribbons and/or table runners for your big day!”
- Rit All-Purpose Liquid (They used Tan, Petal Pink & Golden Yellow)
- Linen Table Runner
- Dye container deep enough to hold 2 gallons of water
- Paper towels
- Clothes pin or binder clips
- Rubber gloves
- Plastic table cover
- Wet the table runner and wring out the water.
- Roll the table runner end to end lengthwise.
- Fill container with 2 gallons hot water (140F).
- Shake bottles before measuring. Then add Rit dye to the water following the recipe for the Silver Peony color. Stir well.
- Dip one end of the rolled up table runner into the dyebath, soaking it 2/3 of the way.
- Once the desired color is reached (remember it will dry lighter than it looks!), remove runner. Wearing rubber gloves. squeeze out excess dye. (not necessary to rinse here)
- Turn and repeat by dipping the other side of the runner until desired color is achieved. Then remove and squeeze out excess dye.
- Rinse runner in cold water until water begins to run clear; hang to dry.