Dip-Dyed Ombre Gift Tags
Creating custom gift tags is a fun way to add a personal touch to your gift wrapping. These dip-dyed ombre gift tags are sure to leave your friends and family impressed! We love that you can make a big statement by simply adding a pop of color. Choose from a variety of colors. Learn more below.
- Paper Gift Tags
- Burlap or Cotton Twine
- Rit All-Purpose Liquid Dye (color of your choice)
- 16 Ounce Glass Jar
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoons
- Plastic or Metal Stirring Spoon
- Rubber Gloves
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Table Cover
- Cover table with plastic. Gather supplies.
- Fill glass jar with about 12 ounces of very hot water. Shake dye bottle before pouring. Wearing rubber gloves, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of your favorite Rit All-Purpose Liquid Dye. Stir well.
- Using a spare gift tag, test the color by dipping it directly into the dyebath. If the color is too light, add more dye; if it is too dark, add more water.
- Dip gift tag directly into the dyebath. It will dye within a few seconds. Dip the whole tag in quickly and then pull the tag out slowly, allowing the bottom portions of the tag to spend a few more seconds in the dye to achieve an ombre effect. The longer the tag stays in the dye, the darker it will be. A few extra seconds should be sufficient. (Keeping the paper tag in the dye bath too long could warp the tag.)
- Remove gift tag from the dyebath and blot it with a clean paper towel to remove excess dye.
- Lay gift tags out flat on clean, dry paper towels until completely dry.
- When gift tags are dry, attach burlap or cotton twine.